35 kilometres from the English coast and 60 kilometres from Belgium, Calais Côte d’Opale is perfectly situated! A popular transit point between Great Britain and the continent, and at the centre of the Paris-London-Brussels triangle, Calais is served by a comprehensive transport network.
Car ferry sailings operate daily between Dover (England) and the port of Calais, up to 50 departures a day . Calais Ferry port is located at 20 minutes by foot from the town center (7 minutes by car).
By the Channel Tunnel
The Channel Tunnel is also running 24 hours between Folkestone and Coquelles (West of Calais)
Motorway links from Calais
- A16: for the Paris region and the motorway systems of the Benelux countries and north-west France.
- A26: for the Paris region and the motorway system in eastern France.
And what’s more, this easy access makes Calais Côte d’Opale the perfect place to stay for groups and individuals who wish to combine visits to England, Belgium and Northern France.
- Lille, Arras and the Artois battlefields: 1 hour
- Amiens, Bruges (Belgium): 1 hour 30 minutes
- Ghent (Belgium): 1 hour 50 minutes
- Brussels, Rouen: 2 hours
- Paris, Reims: 3 hours
- Amsterdam: 4 hours
Rail links from Calais
Calais has 2 railway stations
- Calais-ville is in the city centre, opposite the Town Hall. It is an important station on the Nord Pas de Calais regional network, with regular services to Lille, Dunkirk and Boulogne.
- Calais Fréthun International is an international TGV station and is located in the village of Fréthun (7 kms south west of Calais). It is served by TGV and Eurostar high-speed trains to and from Lille (30 minutes), Brussels (1 hour), London (1 hour) and Paris (1 hour 30 minutes).
Passengers can transfer from Calais Ville to Calais Fréthun International by bus or regional train. Fréthun is on the line which serves Calais Ville and Boulogne. There is a taxi rank on the forecourt of Calais-Ville station.
International coach connections
Eurolines Coaches provides scheduled coach services from the UK to all parts of Europe.
National coach connections
Coach lines towards/from Lille and Paris with Isilines.
Calais-Dunkirk airport is in Marck (7 km east of Calais city centre)
There are currently no commercial flights.
The closest international airports are Lille-Lesquin (120 kms) or Brussels-Zaventem (210 kms).